“By intimately knowing Christ, His love compels us to be deeply transformed, so that we will deeply transform our church and our community.”
Praying the Three Elements of our Vision
Pray the following verses for yourself, your family members, Life Group members and other individuals in the life of our church:
• Lord, I keep asking that you, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that I may know you better. (Prayed from Ephesians 1:17).
• Lord, in view of your mercy, may I offer my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to you - this is my true and proper worship. Help me not to conform to the pattern of this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Then I will be able to test and approve what your will is - your good, pleasing and perfect will. (Prayed from Romans 12:1-2).
• And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (Prayed from 2 Corinthians 3:18).
• As the deer pants for streams of water, Lord may my soul pants for you, my God. May my soul thirst for You, for You the living God. When can I go and meet with You Lord? (Prayed from Psalm 42:1-2).
• Individuals who haven’t yet done so will find people with whom they can have meaningful Life Transforming Conversations (LTCs).
• Pray that the various groups within our church will encourage LTCs and have them regularly. And that these LTCs will be significant and have a great impact on helping individuals become more like Jesus.
• Pray that these LTCs will encourage and equip individuals to encounter Jesus every day!
• Pray that as we encounter Jesus every day, we will become more and more like Him. TRANSFORMING CHURCH
Pray the following verses for our Church, youth, kids’ ministry, Alpha and individuals in the Church:
• Thank you, God, that you have reconciled us to yourself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation: thank you that you reconciled the world to yourself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And you have committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are Your ambassadors, as you are making Your appeal through us. Please may you use us to help others be reconciled to You! (Prayed from 1 Corinthians 9:18-20).
• Lord you tell us that “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.” So, we ask you Lord to help us see the people around us who need your Good News and please send more of us out into your harvest field. (Prayed from Matthew 9:37-38).
Pray that... • God would bring to mind three people who you can pray for throughout this year to come to know Jesus. People who you can invest in relationally and invite to church.
• God would use our upcoming “Winsome” campaign to reach the lost and hurting and to change our hearts about sharing the Good News.
• Those who lead ministries at Home Ground will seek God’s guidance and find ways in which to engage those who attend.
• Whoever comes to any ministry at Home Ground would encounter Jesus through those ministries.
• We would all discover and use our gifts in our spiritual home.
Pray the following verses for yourself as an individual and for Home Ground:
• Lord help us to be the salt of the earth. May we not lose our saltiness and become good for nothing, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. Help us to be the light of the world, a light that cannot be hidden, giving the light to everyone in our community! Please Father help our light to so shine before others, that they may see our good deeds and glorify You in heaven. (Prayed from Matthew 5:13-16)
• God would use our Deep Dive Dinners to help people across different races understand, love and respect one another.
• We would become a HOME to those in our community who are lonely and/or hurting - and that God would mobilise us as a church to truly put our love into action.
• God would guide and equip us to make incredible inroads into our community and be a light into areas of despair and brokenness. Pray that God’s “Shalom” would become real to many in our community.
• Home Ground would be a church of influence in helping other churches and leaders in our sphere of influence be all that God intends them to be.
• CAST’s Relief Services, Local Economic Development, Education & Child Development, Sport & Youth Development will be led, empowered and provided for by the Holy Spirit to be used by the Lord to relieve poverty in our CAST communities.
“Prayer is keeping company with God” - Clement of Alexandria
May you have a wonderful time in God’s company during this week of prayer and fasting!
If you struggle to pray alone why not commit to attend one of our corporate prayer times (these are weekly meetings, but we invite you to try one during the week ahead):
• Every Sunday during all the services in the Chapel and 16:45 in the Side Hall
• Every Monday: 17:00-18:00 in the Chapel
• Wednesday, 12 February 17:30-18:30 in the church before our 133 Meeting
• Every Thursday 06:00-07:00 in the Youth Centre
• Every Saturday 07:00-08:00 in the Chapel
• We look forward to the culmination of our Prayer and Fasting week at Transformation Day on Sunday, 16 February.
This is a day you do not want to miss as we come together to hear God’s heart for transformation and seeing God’s vision for Home Ground.
You can either come from 08h00 to 11h30 OR 14:00 to 17:30. The kids will have their own holiday club style Transformation Day.
If you would like to continue to grow your prayer life please download this free resource at https://commonground.co.za/?resources=fuel-for-your-prayer-life#